1st line: Zetterberg – H. Sedin – D. Sedin
2nd line: Landeskog- Backstrom – Eriksson
3rd line: Hagelin- Berglund – Franzen
4th line: Steen – Johansson- Nyquist
- First Out: Kruger, Hornqvist
1st pairing: Karlsson/Kronwall
2nd pairing: Oduya/ Ekman-Larsson
3rd pairing: Ericsson/Murray
- First out: Edler, Brodin
Back-ups: Fasth, Enroth
- Unlike the Canada preview that I wrote a few days ago, there are not many directions to go with this roster.
- I expect all of the forwards to make the roster. In addition, I could definitely see Kruger and Hornqvist making the roster as extras in case of an injury.
- On the blue line, the first four defensemen should easily take roster spots. I expect Ericsson and Murray to make the roster because of their efforts this past season. Murray continued his strong and physical play for the Penguins while Ericsson turned into a key defenseman for the Wings.
- Brodin had a strong season alongside Suter in Minnesota, but his youth and inexperience may put him lower on the list than expected. I would not be surprised if both Brodin and Edler also made the roster as extras on the back end.
- As far as the netminder, there definitely are not any question marks here. Lundqvist will be a cornerstone for this team.
- Fans, comment with any questions or comments.